Sunday 1 December 2013

Happy December!

The more I blog, the more things I want to blog about, but today I'm not even going to touch my "to blog" list - instead, I'm just going to make a note for posterity (or whatever) that today is December 1st and I'm totes excited about what's ahead.

First, my sister will be in town for Christmas. SO EXCITING ASDLKGJASDLGKJ.

Second, I start my Teaching English qualification this week - the in-class bit, anyway. THIS IS ALSO VERY EXCITING. I'm looking forward to starting to get my head around what teaching English to speakers of other languages actually involves; I'm looking forward to going back to study and swotting it up like a nerd; heck, I'm even just looking forward to a break in my regular routine. I'm expecting to be dead tired by Sunday night, but also inspired and full of ideas. (Are they the same thing? Possibly.)

Third, I'm not so much excited but definitely relieved that National Novel Writing Month is over. Now to be honest, I do quite like my characters in their own egotistical, narcissistic, ridiculous way, and I think the "themes" of my novel (are we really going to call them "themes"? oh well) are interesting. But I'm a little bit over Nanowrimo - I wouldn't mind focusing on writing quality over quantity for a change - and I'm glad to not have the (achievable, but ever present) word count looming over my head.

Fourth, CHRISTMASTIMEJOY. I love Christmas, I love Christmas traditions, and I really love getting time off work. I've still got a few things to think about for next year so it'll be nice to have the space to do that; I also want to spend a bit of time on my TESOL electives; and also I'd like to, you know, sleep. Sleep is good.

In lieu of a proper blog post ending, here, have a picture of me posing like Bear Grylls at the top of Snowdon/Yr Wyddfa. I'm not saying I'm as badass as Bear, I'm just saying we both took the train up and also I looked better than him doing it.

Bear and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment